Inspiration Wednesday - Following Others.

Hi everyone!
Happy Wednesday!

Shilo here today with a little inspiration (hopefully).


Lately I have been inspired by some of the 'trends' currently happening....I follow a few blogs regularly and both Melissa Phillips and Nichol Magouirk have been embossing stamped images on vellum using white embossing powder. I was in LOVE with this look immediately and wanted to try it. This technique turned out beautifully - even though my style is just as diverse as both Nicole's and Melissa's, the technique adapts to each of our styles.....
Here's the card I created using this technique.

It's hard to tell but behind my vellum image is a busy floral pattern paper. The vellum softens the look perfectly.


I used the April 2014 Kit of the Month - yes! the big beautiful background floral!
{Botanical Bliss}

So there you have it!
One of the many places I get inspiration from - other card makers - just like some of you!!
I love getting an idea from someone and making it my own...


Sometimes we need inspiration to live our lives fuller and to be better...not just creatively....
so I will leave you with a couple quotes that have spoken to me recently...
"Surprise yourself"...love that.


The happiest of days!!
~Shilo


Labels: ,