Inspiration Wednesday - Fall and Winter

Happy Wednesday!  It's mid week and only 2 more days to the weekend :)  Hope your week is going well.

Today is my Birthday (we won't mention the age thing...lol).  I thought it would be nice to share two projects inspired by the Seasons I love most - Fall and Winter.  The first was inspired by the beautiful autumn/fall leaves photos I've been seeing on the net.

I used the October LOL - Love Never Leaves set to create this card.  The leaves were stamped using Versamark on cream cardstock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Next, some Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass and Spiced Marmalade) were sponged to bring out the beautiful leaves image.

LOVE-NEVER-LEAVES
Here is the finished card (using the Old Friends sentiment):

The next project is a Christmas ornament which is so fun to put together.  Although I never set up a Christmas tree in my house, I love making these ornaments as presents for my friends' kids.


Here are the tools and products you need to make this snowglobe ornament:

You will need one round die and a matching scalloped die and an Embossing folder. Make sure the round die is smaller than the bauble and the matching scallop die slightly larger.
This is the bauble which you can buy from a craft store, and I used half for the ornament.  I think it would be awesome to make a full round ornament too - maybe I'll experiment and let you know :)
This is the shaved ice I used to fill the snowglobe ornament
Step 1 - The bottom layer is a blue cardstock embossed with snow embossing folder and adhered to the scallped cardstock. 

Step 2 - Die-cut some trees and use a sponge dauber to apply 2 shades of green ink on the trees (I used Memento Northern Pine and New Sprout), the trunk is inked with brown ink. Adhere as shown.

Step 3 - Color the Snow Peep and cut the image with a round die, and cut out the Snow Peep as shown.  The Super cute Snow Peep stamp is by Tracey Malnofski - Heart Warming. Adhere the Stamped image on top of the trees.

Step 4 - Add some shaved ice on the scene and adhere the bauble by adding some glue all around the edges of the bauble.  To finish off the project, string 2 bells onto a red string to the bauble.

IB-783-HEART-WARMING
Here is the finished project:


I hope you like the idea, and hope you'll have an Amazing day!!

Labels: ,