Inspiration Wednesday with Kary

What inspires you to create with Unity Stamps?  I'd love to hear your process and see what you create.  For me, it's always the stamp image and the first picture that comes to mind.  I'll try and share how I go about creating a card today.

Everybody loves Phyllis Harris stamps and so do I! :)  I am so taken by this girl on the beach and the lovely sentiments in the set - The Unknown Path.


My first thought was to break up the sentiment "live. breathe. surf." and stamp the words on her surfboard.  I also like the other sentiment and I think there's enough space for it to be stamped to the top left side of the image.

My favorite color is teal - I find there's bits of teal in every card I make.  Since the surfboard is my focal point, it has to be teal (Copics BG 10, BG53, BG57) and for some contrast I drew some wavy lines at the bottom of the surfboard (YR21, YR02).  Next, I needed a soft color for the girl's swimsuit, peachy pink is perfect (R14, R12, R11).  The girl's hair and skin are colored with YR23, YR24, E15 and E13, E02, E50.

The sea is colored using B99, B91, BG02, BG11, B21, sand (E31, E11, E55, E000) and skies (BG70, BG10).  After coloring the sea, I thought it looked a little flat and I used white gel pen in some areas for interest.


Here's the finished card:
I die cut the image and adhere it onto a pale orange scalloped die-cut. The bow was added because I placed the sentiment too far left and there was a little white space before the image.  I punched two small holes and tied a silk ribbon around the striped patterned paper.  I thought it would be fun to add the striped patterned paper below the image as it kind of goes with the sea and the waves :)

That's it!  That's my process.  I would love to read yours!!  Let me know by leaving a comment here and a link to your blog so I can visit you.

Have a great day and hope you have lots of fun with your stamps!!


Labels: ,