Actually I Can--Inspiration Wednesday


We’ve got a lot going on in America (really everywhere) lately. It’s an election year after all. With all the good, the bad, and the ugly that goes along with that, I thought I would take a deserving break and escape all the negativity and express myself on a 5x7-inch mixed media canvas with some help from Unity Stamp Company and my craft supplies.


In my above canvas, I used August’s Kit of the Month, August’s SMAK Kit, and a Kit of the Month from April 2014 (the little resized butterfly). I happily applied layers of printed/stamped tissue paper using gel medium to the canvas that was painted with Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress Paint. The fussy cut butterfly and the stamped speech bubble were applied after all the layers of tissue paper and distress paint dried. The speech bubble was outlined with a fine tip black Sharpie and popped with dimensional Zots. The cute little butterfly was resized digitally and was applied three fold with just a bit of adhesive under the middle of the body, so I could fold the wings up for dimension. It was a FINE time!

Here’s a look at this month’s Kit of the Month, Open Your Soul, and this month’s SMAK Kit, Never Lose Sight.

(Clicking on the images below will take you to the products’ pages at Unity Stamp Company)



I haven’t always been a creative or crafty person. Since embarking on this creative journey later in my life, I’ve have the opportunity to acquaint myself with a lot of fine people, and with that, LOTS of positive inspiration. The crafting community is fun to say the least, but most of all, I’ve found the majority to be very supportive of one another. No matter what’s going on in my life as a mom, wife, daughter, or as another citizen of the United States, I know that I have a means to escape through the creative process I’ve grown to embrace with everything I got and SHARE my ideas with others. Isn’t that beautiful? YES! If you’re reading this post or use Unity stamps as a means of expression, we have something in common. I LOVE THAT! Keep on stamping and sharing, but most of all, keep supporting one another, no matter the differences in opinion.

HAPPY crafting!

Labels: