DT Tuesday!




Hello, beautiful Unity lovers!

Echo here with DT Tuesday.
I have a couple cards I made using the shaving cream technique.
Super easy fun technique! I made up a bunch of these backgrounds last week. I love using techniques were I make a bunch of backgrounds and then turn them into projects later. Let's just say I have all kinds of backgrounds just waiting for me to add some awesome Unity image to it.


The first one I made was using Give with all your heart kit. I also used the round splatter stamp from the March SMAK kit. The sentiment is from Donna Downey. I am more kit.



Here is a peek at the kits used!





 Shaving cream Technique!

 So what I did was fill up a small baking sheet with about 1" of shaving cream. Not the gel kind. Just plain jane shaving cream. I got mine at the dollar store. Baking sheet is to contain the mess! Warning it is still messy but, you're not having fun unless you're making a mess....am I right? I also put down plastic on my table. Next I just added drops of my ink refillers in the desired colors I wanted. Then I took a popsicle and swirled the ink around until I got the desired look I wanted. I then pushed the prepared card panels into the shaving cream. Pulled up and wiped off with a straight edge. I used my plastic ruler. The shaving cream is a carrier of the ink. Once you wipe it off the only thing left behind is the ink. It is a super fun technique and you can make a ton of backgrounds. You can also use acrylic paint for this technique and spray inks as well! You can do full sheets of paper and cut later. I just like working with the standard A2 size card panel. I used white card stock 110#.


Makes such a cool marbling effect! For this card I die cut out a window on a white card panel. I stamped the panda. Fussy cut out bear and butterfly! Added die cut sentiment. The kit that was used is called Butterfly & a Bear.

Here is a couple of the backgrounds that I did using this technique! 




I stopped in over at the Unity Show and Tell page. Let me tell you. It is such an inspiration everytime I go there. So much talent! Here is a few that caught my eye.

I just love this fun colorful card done by Shannon Pavlovic Edwards
That frosting looks like you can eat it...LOL! 


Joany England Hanna did a fantastic job on these masculine cards!
 I love everything about them from the layout, to the distressing, to the colors used!  


and this lovely card by Sharon Seebacher Duff
She did a awesome job, look at that outstanding ombre effect on the jar and I also like the lace border! 


Well, Unity friends. I will leave you with this! 
Hope you have a good rest of your week! 


See what I am crafting about on: My blog- Instagram- FacebookPinterest




Labels: ,